This year I launched SleeveShirt Consulting. Being an entrepreneur is exciting, challenging, and scary at times. As I sit down this Thanksgiving to reflect on my business, I’d like to take time to give some thanks.
• Thank you Norman, my fabulous graphic designer, with whom I would be without the SleeveShirt logo (set to debut soon!).
• Thank you to my colleagues on LinkedIn. Not only is it great for networking, but I’ve joined some fabulous subgroups which post thought provoking and pertinent information applicable to my business.
• Thank you Small Business Association. Who knew on that frustrating day back in 2008 when I printed out the entire contents of your site that I would be putting it to good use.
• Thank you Facebook for putting me back in touch with old friends and entertaining me endlessly.
• I am also thankful for Renee at YogaFlex. You manage to kick my butt every week and make me want to come back for more.
• I’m thankful for some really great reading this year: American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld , Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, City of Dreams by Beverly Swerling, The Chic Entrepreneur by Elizabeth Gordon and Leanna Adams, and Birthing the Elephant by Karin Abarbanel.
• Thanks to my daughter Natalie who enjoys preschool as much as mommy enjoys going to work!
• Thanks to my supportive mom who encouraged my small business venture.
• Most importantly, thank you to my husband Kevin who inspires me every day.