Friday, March 19, 2010

Picaboo- I see you!

Hello faithful readers. I wanted to share with you a fabulous service that I recently used-Picaboo.

I don’t come from a highly religious family, so when my grandmother passed a few months ago we started planning a memorial luncheon.  After seeing a similar project created by my SIL (thank you Danielle!), I decided to create a keepsake that we could give to everyone who was traveling from all over the country to attend the event.

The result? A memorial photo book showcasing my Nana as a teenager in Scotland all the way through to great-grandmother at age 88.  My family is going to love this!

Picaboo specializes in creating high-quality photo books.  The service is fantastically simple. After a quick software download you select photos from your computer, upload and begin the creative process.  What I love more than the attractive book cover and page styles, is the attractive pricing- you won’t find this quality for this price on Kodak, Snapfish, or Shutterfly. 

But there is also a great sale ending March 31st that you should be aware of- BOGO photo books. That is right, buy one get one free with code BGFMAR at checkout.  I made out like a bandit for my family project!

For my job-hunting readers, are you looking for a unique way for your resume to stand out?  Or how about my entrepreneurs?  Are you looking for a new way to market your business? Creating a professional portfolio book to share with prospective employers or clients is also an effective way to utilize Picaboo.   Can you imagine how well your portfolio would stand out in this dog-eat-dog world? Lots more great ideas to check out on their site. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Such a great tribute. Nana was a spunky lady with a good soul. LOVE IT! Can't wait to see it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. She would be thrilled with the final product (which arrived via UPS this week!) Can't wait to share with the family. What a great service & product. Definitely tell your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea... I am planning on doing something similar, but with family recipes that I am preparing like digital scrapbook pages in a 4x6 format.

    Thanks for sharing this company with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of the family recipe book! What a great way to showcase the ingredients and fantastic "after" photos! Viola!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea!! Your family will be so proud :) I'm sure Nat will love to look at it for years to come - I'm sure you have many stories to share with her!

    ReplyDelete